Heart and its blood vessels ( major and minor vessels including the capillaries, venules and arterioles ) and the lymphatic system constitute the Cardio - Vascular System.
Function of Cardio Vascular System
- Cardio Vascular System provides nourishment and oxygen to every cell in the body. It helps drain the waste / toxins from the cells to the exterior.
- Rapid flow of blood through out the body is produced by pressures created by the pumping action of the heart.
- Exchange of nutrients, oxygen and metabolic end products between blood and tissue of the body across - the blood vessels ( capillaries ) is done by the Cardio Vascular System.
- Arteries function as pressure reservoirs for maintaining blood flow to the Tissues - Veins serve as low - resistance conduits for venous return of blood from tissue to blood vessel Lymphatic systems, checks infection and returns excess fluid filtered from blood vessels and tissues to the heart.
Disease of CVS
- Hypotension - that is loss of fluids, other than blood.
- Hypertension - increase Blood Pressure due to total peripheral resistance resulting from increase arteriolar constriction.
- Heart failure - this is decreased contractility of the left ventricular muscles leading to its failure to pump pure blood from the heart to parts of body.
- Heart Attack - this is insufficient coronary blood flow to the heart damaging the heart muscles and rendering it inefficient to pump blood.
- Atherosclerosis - this is narrowing and hardening of the arteries by deposits of cholesterol and other substances.
VATHAPY AND CARDIRAKSH
Are recommended in :
- Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Angina pectoris
- Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiac neurosis
- Strokes / Atherosclerosis
REF & DIUCAPare used in :
- Cardiac Insufficiency
In general, VATHAPY, REF & CARDIRAKSH are used in all disorders concerned with the Cardio Vascular System.